The Red Wheelbarrow
William Carlos Williams
so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
[1923]
.........................
Kinda a cool little poem, don't you think? Maybe a little different? Do you see how Williams created little wheelbarrows with the structure of the stanzas? My 12th English teacher swears there are chickens too, but I still haven't been able to seem them.
This poem has been on my mind for the past few weeks. Matt has started his MBA at Boise State! So much depends on him. We are looking at 50+ hours a week of studying and school, and on top of that the ROTC program (to become an officer in the Army).
I drew this one day, just trying to wrap my mind around everything. Kinda illustrates Matt and his wheelbarrow full of responsibility.

Well, this is this months poem! Hope you enjoy! To learn more about said poem click here.
4 comments:
Judd is also going to school right now along with his full time job. But I don't think he's as busy as Matt will be. It will be nice when it's all over, won't it!
You make me smile. I can see the wheelbarrows....not the chickens. As for Matt....he can do it with your help. What does your wheelbarrow look like? I love Isaac's new story. A dude....how cute is that?
Loave you.
Loave you? Oops! LOVE you.
Agreed Miss Annie- Shannon's got a full wheelbarrow too!! Especially on the home front while Matt's wheelbarrow is so full- don't worry Shannon, we'll join you in crazy land in TWO WEEKS!!! Phil says that he's in denial.
Post a Comment