Saturday Boise State University's football team played at home, against Texas Christian University.
And we went! Happy!
But Boise State lost. Sad.
Why did we brave the 30 something degree weather, with constant wind?
One, because the tickets were free and all 5 of us going to a Boise State Football game while Matt was still a student there seemed cool. And magical.
Two, Matt needed to go because the ROTC program was highlighted during the halftime show, and only those cadets in their last ROTC year were going on the field.
We stayed for only the first half, then left after halftime. The boys did well, but were tired of the football game 8 minutes into the 1st quarter. If there wasn't the wind, or the chilliness, I'm sure they would have been happier. We sat in the student section and with the other ROTC cadets. They helped us out lots and made sure our boys didn't commit accidental suicide on the steep bleachers.
And UGH! GUESS WHAT?!?! I totally thought I had recorded the whole "over the speaker--announcing the ROTC cadets, and thanking them for their dedicated service," but apparently I didn't. The button must not have been pushed when I thought I pushed it. And obviously that unsets me.
So for the recored this is what happened: After the band came off the field, the ROTC cadets (including Matt) went onto the field and waved and everyone applauded.
It was awesome.
THE END



1 comment:
Well something great came out of a sad happening. Congrats Matt!!!!
Grandpa
Post a Comment