who often came to our patio door,
and searched for food,
in a desperate mood,
as her babies were always in need of more!
I took compassion on this squirrel mother,
and left some food outside the glass door:
a spatula of bamboo,
covered in peanut butter--smooth,
and layered with nuts galore!
Me and the boys watched the squirrel mother,
who ate fearless by the patio door.
We enjoyed her quick bites,
and thought she was a sight!
And hoped more entertainment was in store.
But the boys got bored of the squirrel mother,
and went away from our glass door.
I had time on my hands,
and thought of a plan,
to vacuum and rid myself of that chore.
The vacuum scared the squirrel mother!
Twas too much movement from inside our door!
Not done with her snack,
and with no strength in lack,
She went up the tree with our spatula, and off into Studly lore.
This happened yesterday afternoon. I was shocked, SHOCKED, that she took it! I ran after her, but she didn't let go. She went up, up, up the tree and never came down. Eventually she jumped from the tree to the townhomes' roof with the spatula.
AND I didn't get my spatula back!



2 comments:
LOVE this post! Miss you guys! Hope all is well!
Did you come up with this idea on your own...how random and funny is that! -Christi
Post a Comment