Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bama Time!

WARNING: No spell check for this post.  Not good, for I have no idea if a word is spelled correct or not.  Enjoy.

Okay, me and the boys are here!  Alabama for the summer, just like last year.  Happily Matt is up the road at Ft. Knox, just a 6 hours drive away. 

We got in to my parents' home Saturday night and have been enjoying our stay.  I have amazing parents, who have an amazing home, and are just plain amazing.  I like them a lot ;)  One "down side"-ish is that their wi-fi doesn't work... so that's going to take some creativity on my part to share pictures along with stories.  Still need to look into the public library and check out their hours--and hope that they have wi-fi. 

To sum up the past 3 days: play Play PLAY!  There has been a lot of play.  Pool play, back yard play, and... *drum roll* ... bike play!  Ahhh!  I haven't had a bike in 15 years, so this new chapter is exciting, but also a little scary (relearning the ends and outs of bike use).  Check out the new addition (+ some (also pic from phone)):


Heck yes!  I can get all three kids on this thing (each piece bought seperatly).  Friend Helen gave me this idea, and it has worked out great.  I'm sure if I bought the "top of line" items it would be a little lighter, but for the past 2 days I've been able to handle the wild streets of C-town perfectly. 

Isaac was nervous at first (but when is he not?), and after much practice he has really come around to his trailor-bike.  Eli and Titus love to be pulled around in the back, though the down side is that when riding I can't stop to "bear cub fights." 


So that's a little of what we're up. 
Hope to update with pics from the 10 day trip soon.


P.S.  I have bug-phobia at the moment.  Every bug the Good Lord has ever made seems to live in Bama, and I'm a little freaked out by them all.  At this moment I'm conviced I have a "chigger" in my belly button and that little bugs are crawling all over me. 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope your bellybutton is ok.

Dana Scarbrough said...

Amen to what Melissa said. And that bike setup is rad!

Natalie said...

Sweet ride!

Sarah said...

All I can say is, "You're the coolest!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...