Monday, October 22, 2012

We're All Checked Up!

We now have health insurance.  *sigh of relief*

We had it before, but during that time if we went we had to pay some portion--which is the norm with most insurances.  But it's really nice to have coverage, full coverage, on most things.
"Hello dentist!  Haven't seen you in 8 years,"  and  "G'day optometrist!  Haven't been to you in 4 years."


Mr. Isaac, first please. 6 years.
He's seen the dentist, has follow appointments to fill in some cavities.
His eyes have been checked, and he's pretty good!  A little far sighted, which is normal for this age.
Isaac is so cute during these appointments.  So grown up, making conversation with those working on him.  He's all about getting looked at--so much one-on-one time!

--Weight: 42 pounds... 40th percentile.
Doctor says, "He really needs to be 2 pounds heavier."
Thanks doc, didn't know that my child is super skinny.  HE EATS LIKE A BIRD!  A vegetarian bird!
Yup.  Isaac much rather have apples than french fries.

--Height: 46 inches... 60th percentile.
Doctore says, "He's tall and skinny like his mama."
Thanks doc, but really I can pack on pounds if I want to.  I eat apple slices, but yearn for crave tator tots. Alway.
Hope Isaac continues to grow! It's fun to see his 5T pants flood the floor :)



Eli man, let's look at you.  3 yrs 5 months.
He hasn't seen the dentist or optometrist.  That'll come next year, I think.   We have to really prepare him for the dentist, be put on lots of anti-biotics and such--it's a heart thing. The mouth is an awful gateway for yuckiness.

--Weight: 35.8 pounds... 70th percentile.
Doctor says nothing, but I think: OH MY GOSH I'M SO EXCITED HE'S SO HEAVY!  My heart baby is big and healthy and growing and knows how to eat.  
Blessings, blessing abound.

--Height: 39 inches... 50th percentile.
Doctore says nothing, but I think:  I really don't care if he's shorter.  Just so happy he's healthy. 



Now Titus!  2 yrs 3 months.
And there is no way I am taking this crazy baby to an eye doctor or teeth doctor.  He's gonna have to chill out lots before we take him.

--Weight: 27.8 pounds... 50th percentile.
Doctor says nothing, but I start to compare him to Eli.  Yeah, Eli's got you by almost 10 pounds! 

--Height: 35.5 inches... 70th percentile.
Doctore says nothing, but I think, "Dude, you are tall!  You're going to out grow all of your brothers!"
Especially Eli.  Wow, they are neck and neck with height.



Miss Shannon, me?  26 yrs 9 months.
My eyes have been checked, and how I know my new prescription!
Hope to get me some reading glasses soon.  Afternoon headaches: go. a. way.
My teeth were looked at and they're pretty good considering.  It's been since 2004 that I've had my teeth looked at.  Yup, 3 babies since then; and pregnancies are the death of healthy teeth.  I have a few cavities, but nothing bad at all.  We have a plan to fix 'em up, and I'm excited!

--Weight:  Yeah right.  I'm not telling.
It was less than I thought (thanks to all the biking), so as soon as we got home I eat a whole batch of cookies. Yum!  Then sickness from too much sugar.  It was worth it.

--Height: still 5 feet and 6.5 inches!
Hope to stay that way for a long, long time.  Anyone seen my calcium pills?



The Matt Man!  29 yrs 1 month.
He's been going to so many appointments on the bases he's been at.  Getting all looked over, teeth fixed, eyes examined.
Gettin' good stuff like free glasses never hurts!

--Weight: 180 pounds... love ya babe! ;)

--Height: 5 feet 11.75 inches
He's grown 3 inches since the 6th grade, can you believe that?  He was a giant in the 5th grade.



That's us!  We've been enjoying being fully covered by insurance.  
Thanks, military!




2 comments:

Natalie said...

You are so funny. I miss you!

Dana Scarbrough said...

I love your reactions to the check-ups with the boys! :) And yes, I was pretty sure it wasn't just me cause last time it looked like you had two 3 year olds! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...