So excited. SO EXCITED! Yesterday we arrived home from picking up Isaac and a yellow lidded bin was in our drive-way! All clean, and new, and empty--just waiting to be filled with contents. RECYCLABLE CONTENTS!
That's right, people, our city approved a recycling program. Can I get an "amen" from the crowd?!
I've always have been a tree-hugger, and I kind of kept it secret.
Living out West was liberating in so many ways, mainly realizing that having feelings like these weren't so gosh-darn traitorous: "Yes, I like the environment," and "Yeah, I kinda do think Global Warming is happening." But the big daddy of them all: "Yup, I think it is important to converse, recycle, and be aware the impact we have on the ecosystem."
(The Southeast has a lot of good too! I promise I see it. How bout hospitality, real bbq, and appreciation for history? Just sayin' cultural change was fun to be around, and eye opening for me.)
Anyway, where we live has recycle bins around the city that I have been driving to--but it has been a little crazy in our laundry room with all the bags of plastics, cardboard, and aluminum. Grateful to now walk out my door, see my pretty yellow lidded bin, and slam-dunk in the unsorted recyclables!
Here's to:
-yellow lidded bins, *cheers*
-being stewards over the earth, *cheers*
-and not having to drive across town (all over town) to feel good about my actions! *cheers*
![]() |
| 1/4 already filled! Pick up every two weeks may not be enough... mmm... |

1 comment:
That is very cool. Since we only have cardboard recycling on campus, that's all we do. No space for anything else- I've tried! My brother's old city had a weight program- that determined their garbage fee per month. They suddenly became BIG recyclers! haha
Post a Comment