Welcome to the hardest year of my life!
--I became a mother of 3, while my oldest child was not yet 4.
--Matt started MBA school, super-duper full time.
--We lived in a 3 story apartment, which had no elevator, and I had to climb with all the 3 boys everyday; and it smelled so bad. Plus the dryer never worked, so I had to hang the clothes all over the apartment to dry.
--Matt and I were separated for three months in the summer of 2011.
--We had no money.
--And Eli was getting ready for his third open-heart surgery.
When I take a look at these photos, all the emotional memories of stress, anxiety, depression start to flood back. So actually, I don't like to look at 'em.
But there are some pretty cute ones in here--some really cute ones--so I thought it better to share :)
Plus, my phone which holds are these beauties is starting to get all weird and will probably explode anytime. Need to get them off of there ASAP!
.........
And really, looking back, there were some really great times. We all have ups and downs, right? Perfectly normal human experience.
(It wasn't bad, you know? Just a lot of pressure on Matt and I to try and make it all work, i.e. school, kids/babies, military, finances, family, health.)
Love to all!
........
 |
| My parents took me and my sisters to the Final Four! |
 |
Us girls at the outdoor concert. (Ashley and I were both pregnant here!) |
 |
| Pre game of the Championship Game |
 |
| Duke WON! |
 |
| Barley one-year old Eli |
 |
| Newborn Titus |
 |
| Eli reading a book in his crib. Why take a nap? |
 |
| Eli and Isaac, hanging out at a playground. |
 |
| Titus, in his wrap, with me and Isaac at Isaac's preschool field trip |
 |
| He picked out his own pumpkin on this field trip |
 |
| Which clearance dress to buy for the military ball? I choose the black! |
 |
| It's me. |
 |
| Isaac in his class, far right on the back row, not wanting to participate. |
 |
| Pretty sure Isaac took this photo, |
 |
| and this one, |
 |
| and this one, |
 |
| and this one, |
 |
| and this one, |
 |
| and this one! |
 |
| Hooray for Toe-Shoes! |
 |
| Isaac took this photo. Trying to get sunned before heading to Bama for the summer. |
 |
| Pre-flight to Bama photos |
 |
| Pre-flight to Bama photo |
 |
| Pre-flight to Bama photo |
 |
| In Bama, and progress on the tree-fort |
 |
| Lots more progress on the tree-fort. |
 |
| Eli had died and gone to heaven, when he saw this. Love it! |
 |
| Isaac took this when we were waiting on the LEGO up his nose. |
 |
| Checking out some stuff at the 4th of July celebration. |
 |
| Goodness, 1 year olds are demanding! |
 |
| When the costume obsession began. |
 |
| Er... Yum? |
 |
Matt had been on a military training for a month, and he wanted me to send some pics. How's this one? |
 |
| Or this one? |
 |
| And this one? |
 |
| Okay, here's me face, Love! |
 |
| Pre flight pic back to Idaho |
 |
| Pre flight pic back to Idaho |
 |
| Pre flight pic back to Idaho |
 |
We come back to this chiseled dude! He lost 15 pounds during this specific training. (So this is actually a pic from Matt's phone, but he sent it to me and it is on mine. Who's really keeping track?) |
 |
| Eli coming out of his cardio-cath done in Boise, Idaho, a few days before his open-heart surgery in SLC. |
 |
| He did well! And was kept entertained by lots of devices. |
 |
And I'm not sure when these are taken, some time in the fall of '11. This is BYU-Idaho's new "conference center" |
 |
And BYU-I's massive new gym. This was all under contraction while Matt and I attended school there... ... A pain to walk around [the construction], I tell you. |
2 comments:
Wow, you guys went through so much during that time. What great pictures and memories. Such adorable boys.
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment