This move without Matt has made September a complete blur. I'm a little shocked that it's already in October.
To not make one huge blog post covering all of September, I'm going to break it up sections at a time, each post being labeled "So September Happened." I hope, hope, hope, hope that once I'm caught up I'll be able to keep the blog updated at least 2 times a week--just like I was once able to do.
Here we go!
......................
Isaac's birthday was mid-week, so on his birthday day I took Isaac's favorite cup cakes to his school--two boxes of big cup cakes for his class and one box of minis for the front office (gotta get those front office ppl on my good side, haha). Anyway, he loved his cupcakes. And I'm glad. I stayed up till 1am making them, so it was worth it. The next day I met his teachers, and the principal, and they thought I had bought them from a store, so that was a nice self esteem boost. (Andes mint cupcakes. Dang good, man).
![]() |
| Birthday boy, on his birthday! All minty and fresh, just like his cupcakes |
The weekend came, and so did my parents for a visit. We held a birthday party on Saturday, September 21st at our community pool. Good friends came and Isaac had a blast!! He really loved it. The underlaying theme was ARMY, but really it was pool fun.
(Yes, I made the cake from scratch. I happened to realize I didn't have all purpose flour, so the cake was made from white wheat flour! Was still pretty good, but a bit dense. Hearty, I'd say. Sticks to the ribs.)
(AND Isaac really wanted a piñata! That's a first. Me and my did figured out a way to rig one up using a garden rake and some fishing wire. Inventive.)





























































1 comment:
SO CUTE AND SO FUN.
Happy birthday to the big boy.
Great job on everything.
Post a Comment