![]() |
| Hello, new home! |
This move without Matt has made September a complete blur. I'm a little shocked that it's already in October.
To not make one huge blog post covering all of September, I'm going to break it up sections at a time, each post being labeled "So September Happened." I hope, hope, hope, hope that once I'm caught up I'll be able to keep the blog updated at least 2 times a week--just like I was once able to do.
Here we go!
......................
It's amazing how it all came together. One of the craziest things I've done by myself--including flying to Bama from Idaho and back, with 3 kids ages 1, 2, and 4, on my own! Yeah...
I got a call from the new land lord on Monday night saying, "Yeah, I know we are doing the walk through tomorrow, so I'll just give you the keys then and you can move in a week before the lease opens."
Umm... okay!!
SOOOOO basically me and Roommate Shannon moved the whole house by ourselves on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We borrowed a van (with seats taken out) and packed that full, and did the same with the 4runner, over and over and over again. Had a lot of help from Friend Paige and Friend Jessica in watching the boys. Friend Megan helped pack-up the kitchen. Luckily each boy was in school those days we moved, so I had at least 3 hours each morning to run franticly around.
On Friday Friend Paige (with her husband) and Friend Lisa (with her awesome truck) helped get a lot of big things. Like my bed :) -- I had been sleeping on the couch cushions that were on the ground. OHHHHH!!! Also, the first day we had moved in the water wasn't on. So we didn't stay the night. But the next day the water WAS on, but the carpets were cleaned, so me and the boys slept in the two bedrooms that didn't have the carpets cleaned (because the rooms were never lived in, and didn't need any cleaning). Crazy stuff, man.
On Saturday me and Roommate Shannon pull up to the old house and I see Friend Paige's car in the driveway... "Oh, so the husband must be here to help pick up the last big things... right?" NOPE! Friend Paige walks OUT of the house, declaring "You're house is clean!" And then I yelled, "WHAT THE (HECK)?!?! You must have gotten here at 7 in the morning!! CRAZY LADY!!" The men in the church (the Elders Quorum) arrived at 9, and basically had very few things to do. Easiest move ever, haha. They did get the stuff down from the attic, packed up the trampoline (that I've sold), and brought over the washer and dryer (which is in the garage, since the townhome comes with energy efficient washer and dryer--and we'll sell those soon).
ANNNNDDD.... That Saturday I volunteered to watch 3 girls for Friend Dawn, and the 3 girls stayed with me and Shannon from Saturday at noon till Sunday at 8pm. I was completely overwhelmed Sunday morning, cause I didn't know one thing about doing girls hair! Shannon took over, though ;) It was also Primary Program Sunday. All the children in mine and Shannon's care did well. Except Titus was too young to participate, and the littlest girl of the 3 refused to go on stage. Oh well! Good times.
The next week was spent arranging the new house, and working a lot on the old one to get it "full refund back" ready.
It took a lot of work, and wasn't complete till my parents came that weekend and honestly worked sooo hard to help me finish it all. SO HARD.
All I really remember from those two weeks together is pure, unadulterated, exhaustion. So very grateful to help. And I really do hope I never have to move without Matt again. But... That's probably not likely...
![]() |
| Before I knew we were moving the next day, I did a double batch of spinach muffins. Inspired! For that's what we lived on for days. |
![]() |
| BOO! I was exhausted, dehydrated, and a lil scary looking during this move. |
![]() |
| Put this together by me self! Handy. |
![]() |
| Got a goodie bag from Friend Paige, which included an organic-dark chocolate peanut butter cup. Divine! |
![]() |
| Eli didn't want to try sautéed kale, dipped in greek yogurt. Shocking! It's so good, Eli! Oh well, just munch on that apple. You're missing out. |
![]() |
| This move has been hard on us all. Apparently Eli isn't sure where the sink in this new house is, haha |
![]() |
| This crazy garden zipper spider is huge, and was outside our home the whole 2 weeks we moved. |
![]() |
| GOOD BYE, HOUSE!! |












No comments:
Post a Comment