

Over the past 2 and a half years I have watched you grow from a little infant to a full fledged toddler. You are our first, and have taken all of your parent’s mistakes, but have still turned out to be a wonderful son.
I understand that this is a hard time in your life. Learning to share, talk, and go the potty has to be overwhelming. And on top of that we brought home a new brother! Isaac, you are doing wonderfully. Your kindness towards Eli took me by surprise, but why? I have known since you were 6 months old that your heart is exceptional tender, so I could not have expected any less. I know that you are a choice son of Heavenly Father, and that you have great things in your future.
Enjoy this time in your life collecting rocks, shooting basketball, and running away from bees.
Love,
Mommy


Dear Eli,
You have gone through more in your first 7 weeks of life, than most people go through in a life time. And I am sorry to say that it is not over. 2 more surgeries in the next two years.
Eli you have touched my heart in a way that I did not know that was possible. I still get tears in my eyes when I think about your birth. They placed you on my chest right after you where born and you were perfect. But after half of minute you had to leave, for you needed to go to the NICU. At that moment I began to understand the depth of a mother’s heart.
Your incision is healed and you are now beginning to smile and coo. You are a precious little boy who loves to eat! Thank you for coming into our lives, and helping us understand the true meaning of “comfort[ing] those that stand in need of comfort.” (Mosiah 18:9)
Love,
Mama
3 comments:
Those letters are precious Shannon. Honestly, you have touched my heart and i look to your example of courage and faith. Your children are blessed to have a mommy(and daddy) like you. You are awesome and i enjoyed those letters of affection.
These letters are exceptionally precious and I hope you keep copies forever for your boys! You are a GREAT mommy and mama, and indeed an awesome friend. =)Your courage has given me hope and strength in times when I've really needed it. You're the best!
hey so we finally found you guys haha! How are you? Your baby boy is beautiful and Issac is so big I can't believe it! We are now in Mobile, Alabama. We knew you were from Alabama but we didn't know where. So maybe thats somewhere close.
Post a Comment