Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hello Florida!

In a post below I mentioned that I went to Florida. I did. But not only was it a trip to Florida, but it was my first time being away from all my children at one time! Basically 4 days without kids. WOW.

I went down for my cousin's baby shower (Abby), but as I was driving down (with my lil sis in the passenger seat) we got the call that her water broke! AH! She was 32 weeks along, no labor, not really dilating. At this present time she is still in the hospital, probably going to have this little baby this weekend. They don't know the sex of that baby, isn't that cool?

Anyway... I went down for the shower, knowing 3 hours into the trip (9 hour drive) that the shower wasn't going to happen, but me and Madison (my lil sis) decided we should continue on the trip to see some awesome family. Tons and tons and tons of my family live in Florida, and I haven't seen a lot of these lovely people in 3 years. 3 years!

So we went to a bridal shower for my cousin's new bride (Thursday night--Paul and Nicole). Then I went to visit my old bishop and his wife, visited my cousin in the hospital, and had a nice evening with my great-grandmother (Friday). Meanwhile, Madison was going, going, GONE with her best guy cousin all over Florida--beach, natural springs, young single adult dance. I stayed with my other cousin, Ila, whom I love! She's pretty awesome, has a wonderful young family, and a lovely home. It was way cool to hang with her, eat her awesome sandwiches and watch the movie Penelope with.

Me and the Halls

Me and Great-Grandma Ana


But guess what I did on Saturday. Go ahead, guess...

I... went... to... the... BEACH!! HAHAHAHA!! I haven't seen an ocean in 8 years. No. Kidding. We'll be going again later in July, with the whole family. But those 3 hours were wonderful. But I've decided I've watched too many shark shows with Isaac, for I had a fear in my heart that I have never had before. It was hard for me to go farther out in the water when it got to my knees--I'd find myself almost hyperventilating with worry. Solution? I need more beach time, for sure.

I forgot to bring my swim suit, so I wore my running gear. My shirt was so bright we joked that if a shark was seen, all I need to do is jump and fling myself around as a warning. And can I be honest? I almost cried when I saw the beach. Honestly, I had tears come to my eyes. It's been tos long, too long.
Behold, the BEACH!

Me and lil sis, Madison.

After the beach trip, Madison's second of the weekend, with my cousins (Cameron, Ben, and Katie--Abby's siblings) we went and visited Abby in the hospital. Me and Abby are 2 weeks apart, and were pretty close growing up. This is her and her husband's first baby. She's beautiful, and I can't wait to see what this child is going to look like!

Me and Abby
(Right after the beach--sorry for the "immodesty," but let's be honest, I don't have any chests anyway.)

And Madison and Cousin Cameron

It was a great little trip. Something that I needed, and something that me and Madison needed as sisters. We are 7 years apart, and she was 11 when I left home. Lets just say we bonded on I-10 and I-75. Get this no iPods, no CDs, only radio--which the stations are HORRIBLE on those roads! I sang, she listed. I drove, she read me stories. We have a better understanding of one another :) Special thanks to my parents for watching the kiddos all weekend. Love you guys! Thanks so much! And man, I wish I got a picture of (or with) Ila. Thanks Ila, for taking me and Madison in!

One more picture of the beach (the Atlantic side)

Ahh... isn't that so beautiful?

3 comments:

Megs said...

So fun, time away from the kids-every once in a while-is good, it makes you miss them and love the time you spend with them even more! How awesome that you got to see the Halls, sure love and miss that ward, such great times!

Natalie said...

Everything about this post shouts awesome especially the pictures of you on the beach. I hope you continue to have a blast and I'll live vicariously through you during these late night nursing sessions. :-)

Ila said...

Shannon, it was such a pleasure to visit with you and Madison (for a bit)! I am glad you thought of me! You are welcome here anytime! :) Although, my parents do have a bit more room ;) Glad you liked Penelope!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...