Saturday, September 1, 2012

Street Swimmin' from Trop Isaac Stormin'

Tropical Storm Isaac came through earlier this week.  For those who don't know much about hurricanes or tropical storms, here's the thing: they are HUGE!  So even though Isaac made landfall on the Gulf Coast--we're on the Atlantic--we got a few of the outer rain bands.

The rain fell, the street flooded, and our boys took full advantage of water-y wonderland!

We put Isaac (and the other boys) in his 50/50 shirt to enter the "competition" in Matt's family.  Remember this post?
It's Isaac playing/swimming in Tropical Storm Isaac, boo-ya!

The front of our house doesn't get the flood, it's just yonder down the street where it starts.


"The rains came down and the floods came up!"




And Titus took the first fall!







We think the shot is pretty cool.
I zoomed up on the foot entering the water, the cropped version is just below:

What the heck kind of face is that?!  




Isaac fell... drama :) 

Awe, handsome boy.

Kick each other,

and run away.


Eli's super kick!


River rats ready to explore again!


Nice faces, everyone.


Eli, why are you licking Isaac shirt?!


Goodbye flooded street.  Thanks for the memories. 



I think the city people are trying to fix the street flooding problem when big rains come... sad times... cause this is a ton of fun!





3 comments:

Melissa said...

Man my kids would've LOVED this.
Great post.

Sarah said...

Love the photos! I kept thinking about you when I heard about the tropical storms. It's kinda fun to see some "real life" people in the midst of them.

Dana Scarbrough said...

So, did I forget to tell you that now that you're close you (or Matt) are going to take some more family pictures of us? That's right, I'll force you. haha! These pictures are awesome, and all I could think of with all of Isaac's faces was WEDGIE! hahahhahahaha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...