The last two weekends have been, well, packed full! My parents came by 2 weeks ago, and that we lovely. Truly. It's so nice to live close enough to family to actually get visits from family. We've actually have always lived close enough to some sort of family to get visits... I wonder what's going to happen when we are hours and hours away from everyone?! Not going to think of that right now.
So Grammie and Gramps were here (Annie and Darryl), played with the kids, hung out, and then had to leave. Sad.
Saturday Matt and I were able to get in a fun date, though. We went and saw a movie, yes, but we also went to a ton of stores and looked around. Like a music shop, where I played the trumpet and Matt picked at a 12 string guitar (he can play guitars, piano/keyboard, drums; and I play brass instruments, and one hand on the piano), then a fun furniture store, and wandered around Target. It was an awfully rainy day that whole day, so no exploring Downtown Savannah for us--but I think we made of for that.
This weekend, well... Let me just jump right in:
Friday afternoon I was looking at IKEA's website, saying, "Matt, I really need to go."
And he said, "Go."
And I said, "Okay! I need to ask my friend a question about a product though."
So I call her, and she gives me an answer. A few hours later she says that she's coming too, and that she'll drive. Awesome, and awesome!
At 5:50am on Saturday morning she picks me up, and we make the 3.5 hour trip to Atlanta.
| Sunrise at our back. |
Matt stayed back with the boys and has a fun filled day. First it was Isaac's last soccer clinical, then pizza, then t-ball practice in the yard, then jumping on the trampoline for an hour. Did I mention it was a "really cold" day? Yes it was, but they powered through and had a blast. Except that Isaac started running a fever towards the end, so that wasn't great.
![]() |
| Reminds me of two old men laughing and talking about the weather. |
I spent two hours in IKEA, loading my friend's SUV to the max, then we got something to eat. I didn't get home till almost 6.
Matt and the boys were excited I was home, and a little confused about all the boxes. After we got the boys in bed, Matt and I started to put everything together--and were up till past midnight. Wow, we were both exhausted!!
Sunday we decided not to go to church. We didn't know what was up with Isaac's fever, and wasn't sure if we should expose everyone at church (mostly the Primary kids) to some possibly nasty bug that all our boys were possibly carrying. Isaac ended up being fine, and his fever disappeared along with any symptoms.
We enjoyed Sunday with a lot of fort-box building:
And Matt got some of his gear together. Must pack all this stuff up to take, you know? Here's my first attempt at a panorama pic with the iPhone:
Pork tenderloin, sugar cookies, church movies, and "Dragon Game" finished up our Sunday.
![]() |
| Here's Eli as "Toothless" shooting fire balls at Matt. |
![]() |
| I think Titus was a mild dragon. |
![]() |
| Here's Isaac, taken down by Matt. Not sure what kind of dragon he was. |
Okay, here's the product that I made that wild IKEA trip for, the 5 cube x 5 cube EXPEDIT. And it's awesome! Fills all our needs, and hopefully then some.
We live in an 1,100 square foot home. IKEA products are so great at helping our "small" space be so much more functional. I've become an IKEA believer!
I really am glad I made the trip--having Matt put this stuff together before he's leaves is great.



































1 comment:
I have mixed feelings about Ikea, so things about it I love, some I hate- but this bookcase is one of the things I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping to get one after we move from here. Hooray for a fun day trip and next fun day of boxes!
Post a Comment