Friday, March 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Sandman,

Thanks for visiting last night.  I really did need to catch up on all that rest. 



I put Eli and Titus in pjs at 3pm.  We pick up Isaac, play out side, play inside, eat dinner.  Early bedtime at 6:30.
I rest on the couch... and fall sleep at 6:50.  I wake up at 8:30, finish up the kitchen, brush my teeth, check on the boys, and head right to bed.  Titus visits me at 4am, after taking him potty I lay him back down, and then crash in my bed once more.

The boys wake up at 7am.  I wake up at 7am.
Twelve hours of sleep was amazing, and so needed.  I feel so great right now.



Not sleeping--that's been the toughest part for me with kids!  Especially when Titus was about a year, and I realized that I hadn't slept through the night in almost 2.5 years.  I was a bit bonkers by it, too.
Matt would ask me, "So what do you want for Christmas?" or "What do you want for Mother's Day?"
My answer, always, was "Sleep.  I just want to sleep.  That's it."
It wasn't till after Eli's last surgery (August 2011) that everyone started sleeping pretty well through the night.  Wow, I started doing sooo much better!



I've always needed sleep.  In middle school/high school I'd hit a wall (every 2 to 3 months) and sleep all weekend, and just emerge for water and some cereal.  Everyone close to me knows this: my mom, my dad, my husband, and I'm pretty sure my boys are figuring it out.

It's been a little hard for Matt to grasp the concept, since he never had those big sleep crashes while growing, but he's come around.  It's part of who I am, Babe!



And I don't know how accurate this clipping is, but it makes me feel better when I demand a Sunday afternoon nap!





2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm going to use this article for the rest of my life.

Dana Scarbrough said...

Can you teach me how to sleep? pretty please! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...