Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Days with Matt Home

When Matt got back from Afghanistan it was actually pretty good timing for Isaac and school.  It was just a day before Thanksgiving break, so Isaac was able to stay home from school just one day before a week was off.  Pretty dang fantastic!

The morning after the reunion Matt had some awards to had out, for "outstanding leadership and willingness to help Mom."  Isaac took it pretty seriously.  The other boys were just as goofy and silly as ever.  Pretty much we were all just excited to have Dad home!  (We like woke up at 5am that next morning after the homecoming, and had a big breakfast before 7am.  Hooray for jet-lag and hyper boys!)









… A few days had past, things were going well, then I get this call from Matt, "Hey, when are you going to be home?" (I just went grocery shopping by myself!  Heaven!)  "Um, I'll be home in 2 minutes."

I walk in, and Matt's proudly displaying his parenting:







So Matt had an initial 3 days off, had to go into work for like 3 days, then was off for Thanksgiving break.  He then had another 7 days of work--basically debriefings--then he got a whole month off.  Yay!  Luckily for us this long break came during Christmas holiday.  Lots of family time.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...