Sunday, December 15, 2013

… The Big Blur ...

Hey.  So life happened,  I know that.  I just don't remember much from it.  Like, I was pretty emotionally and physically drained from the end of October till when Matt got home (November 21).  Just tired, ya know?  And the waiting game is so hard.  Especially with dates and times changing with the homecoming, or knowing that the date and time will probably change…. I mean, I was fine, I've been through much worse situations--and I knew I'd be fine--it was just hard.  Didn't realize how hard it was going to be, those last few weeks/days.  A lot of anxiety.  I wanted to believe that Matt was coming home, but didn't want to set my heart on it incase it changed to a later date.  It's difficult feelings balance, to say the least!

(Plus, what to tell the boys?  "Um, yeah, Daddy is PROBABLY going to be home this day… But it maybe later.  We'll see."
At one point I heard Eli (4 yr old) telling his brothers, "My dad's is dead in Afghanistan, but when he come home he'll be alive."  
***Matt did NOT have a good internet connection from his room from late June and forward.  We were unable to FaceTime/Skype/ Google+ for 5 months.  Just sporadic voice calls.***) 

Matt, on the other hand, was so happy and relieved those last few weeks of deployment.  Things were settling down for his job--finally!  The soldiers he looked over were starting to be in less danger… and he was coming home!  Yay!  He could almost taste the American Mt. Dew on his lips ;)


So I don't really remember much from this time period, but I do have these pictures that help me piece it all together.
Let's go through them, shall we?

So on the rare day I actually put on make-up,
I had a pretty ugly cry and smeared it all over my face.  Oh so tragic.
(Why did I cry?  Not really sure… I was pretty irrational, and I knew it, haha)   

Obsessed with "What Does the Fox Say?"  YouTube video!  Had to get the fox plates.
Titus loves to sing this song when he's on the toilet! 

Boys getting some rock throwing business done.  Serious work. 



Last game for Isaac's soccer session!  Thank heavens!  Hard stuff to do it all without Matt.
And yea, that's Titus asleep on my lap.  

FaceTiming with Nana and Mume!  So Fun! 

Our Veterans' Day living room chaos.  Epic fun, it seems. 

Retail therapy to Target!  Love those 3 fuzzy heads. 

And pretty much I binged watched "Scandal" for like a week.
It was a good emotional patch for that week.  



1 comment:

Dana Scarbrough said...

Yay! So glad you all made it through that 9 months alive! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...