It's sunny, but then rain starts to pour. Isaac asks, "How is it raining?"
"Well," I try to explain, "There are clouds above us, but the sun is going down and is at a different location."
Puzzled, Isaac says, "This is the strangest day of my life."
August 2013
Titus loves to squish bugs. Saying, "I break them."
August 2013
Titus threw a toy at Eli, which hit Eli in the head. Eli screams, "Ahhh! I bled! In my head!" (There was no blood, but he had to get the point across that he was very hurt.)
August 2013
Eli says, "When I grow up my penis will be," (he makes a 'cha' noise and motions outward from his waist with his hand) "cha, cha, cha! And I will be big and beat Mume up!" (Mume being Matt's dad, Eli's grandfather.)
July 2013
Titus has just finished off a large glass of milk. He breaths deeply and says, "Mmm... My stomach break."
July 2013
"Nana made chocolate cake," I explain to Eli, "it's brown."
"Like your eyes," he says. "Your eyes brown, my eyes blue."
July 2013
We are all looking at a pond. I point out some baby ducks, and I hear Eli whisper, "cute."
June 2013
Isaac looks into a tank and says, "There's a lobster!"
Titus asks, "Where's the monster?!"
June 2013
Titus is using the restroom, and comments, "My penis is big." He then heads out and tells Nana, "My penis is big," and pulls down his pants and shows her.
Eli then yells from the bathroom, "My penis is little!"
June 2013
I'm helping Isaac say a character's name correctly.
Me, "It's Tree Rex, not Tree Ret."
Isaac, "Oh Tree Rex, not Tree Sex, but Tree Rex, right?"
May 2013
The boys are so excited for a trip to Bama. When we cross the Georgia/Bama line, everyone goes crazy! And Eli is overjoyed that "These are Alabama tress! I see Alabama trees, not Georgia trees!"
May 2013
Titus is playing with two LEGO men. These little men are apparently in some sort of confrontation, for Titus has one say to the other, "Kick you in the penis!"
May 2013
Isaac is spelling out a sentence on the fridge, using alphabet magnets. I help him along with a sound or two. When he's done, he steps back and admires his work. "Fist in the face," it reads.
May 2013
Eli's eating a sandwich, which he's really enjoying. "Hmmm," he says with a smile, and rubs his belly, "My poop!"
April 2013
"Look, a horse!" cries Eli, while we're on a drive.
"No, are elephants!" says Titus.
"No, they're horses," replies Eli.
"No, are elephants!!" insists Titus.
April 2013
We're driving up to a large home, built in the style of a castle. "I don't wanna go in the Princess House," says Eli.
April 2013
The boys love it when we're able to drop Isaac off with Ms. Thompson to open the door.
"Hey guys!" she says.
"Hey, Thomas S. Monson!" they reply.
March 2013
It 7am and I hear the boy sneaking out of the room. Isaac says, "Eli, it's morning! That's why we're hungry!"
March 2013
Titus is going number 2 on the potty. He looks down at his work. "Das one like a dinosaur. And das one big like the Earth!"
March 2013
Isaac is reading number sequences out loud, trying to find one that is in the right order: "'1, 2, 3, 4, 5.' That one's right. '2, 5, 3, 1, 4.' What? That's like a phone number!"
March 2013
Isaac is trying to decide what kind of pasta he wants for the mac-n-cheese. He looks through the boxes, the says, "Well, I want the ones that are like arms?"
"Do you mean Elbow Pasta?" I ask.
"Oh, yeah! Elbow! Those are my favorite."
March 2013
Titus is in love with one of Isaac's walkie-talkies. He holds it up to his ear, using at as a phone, saying, "Hey, Spiderman--me--shoot webs. Yeah, Spiderman shoot webs."
March 2013
It's 10am and Titus is cold, so I fold him up in his blanket, and he says, "I not want to go to bed!" I lift him up to eye level, he stares at me with a blank face, and mouths--with no sound, "I not want to go to bed."
March 2013
We are sitting in Sacrament Meeting, and the speaker is from a different country, speaking with a strong accent. Isaac turns to me, and with a confused look, asks, "Is she speaking Spanish?"
March 2013
"I'm going to jump on the trampoline," says Isaac.
"I'm going to jump on the trampoline," says Titus.
"I'm going to sit and eat gold fish," says Eli.
March 2013
"Huge" is Eli's new favorite word.
We're talking to Matt on Skype, and Matt uses the word "humongous" Eli gets wide eyed, and asks, "Humongous?"
"Humongous" is now Eli's new favorite word.
March 2013
I'm holding Eli and Titus in my arms, carrying them into a store. Eli is talking about how big he is, Titus is talking about how big he is. "I'm big, too," I say.
"No," says Eli, "You're HUGE!"
March 2013
I'm looking at some clearance dresses, and Eli says, "No, not them. They dancing girls ones." Titus starts to say the same thing: "No, dem dancing girls."
March 2013
We are walking past a tree, Eli looks down, notices roots, and says, "Look, alligators. All them alligators."
March 2013
Titus is using the restroom, looks down into the toilet bowl, and exclaims, "Great white sharks in there!"
March 2013
I'm holding Eli wrapped in a towel. He says, "Mom, I growing." Then he straightens himself into a board, and surprised he says, "Mom! I really growing!"
March 2013
Matt and I are doing a home work out video, Eli comes in and is mesmerized, "Oh, they really strong!" (Probably thinking they were real, live Hulks.)
March 2013
Matt and I ask Eli, "Are you playing?"
"Yes!" He yells, "5 more minutes!" while holding up 4 fingers.
March 2013
"Mom, my tummy still hurts," he says.
"Well, you probably have gas," I say.
He immediately lets out some loud toots, smiles, and then laughs. "Yeah, I feel better now."
March 2013
Titus is pretty insistent that "I pee myself!" I always laugh, saying, "Well, I don't know how to pee for you... so go for it!"
Spring 2013
No comments:
Post a Comment