**I've become a big IKEA fan. Like, I almost have the catalog memorized. EK! I dunno… the products just seem to really work for our small little homes full of 5 people.**
With Matt coming home in a few weeks I felt the need to really get the home together and prepared for The Man of the House. (Talking to other military spouses, this seems to be a normal coping pattern.) Shannon-the-Roommate had moved out, and for the first time the new Townhome was completely mine and the boys' own.
I was talking to a good friend about needing a new couch, and how I'd like to get it before Matt came home. She was like, "Go tomorrow! I'll watch your boys." And I was like, "Um… OKAY!"
I dropped off the boys to her house at 6:30am and I headed off to Atlanta (a 3.5 hour drive one way). <
Once at IKEA in ATL, I picked out the couch I knew I needed, bought it, and went to the loading zone.
A HUGE, I mean, ginormous(!!!) package comes out. Right then I say a prayer of faith and hoping, believing that if I do my best I can make this fit into my 2007 4Runner…
… So me and this IKEA dude (who doesn't speak English) start working on the package to fit in the 4runner. After about 10 minutes, with just one package left which didn't seem to want to fit, the guy shrugs his shoulders and walks away. And I'm like, "Oooookaaaayyyy… "
I basically have to unpack all of it. Push, shove, and smash it all in. But it worked! It all fit! I jump in the 4runner, and head back to Savannah--hitting many intense rain storms on the way. I make it back home around 5 (I had gotten a sitter to take the boys from my good friend. The sitter had the boys from 2 till 5).
Pretty awesome.
And crazy.
But we soooo happy! All of us fit! None of us are in pain! Joy!
(Oh, I also found a 1950's buffet, that we're using as our entertainment center. Lots of storage!)
FYI: The living decor constantly changes… Things looks different from day to day :)
![]() |
| Seems like a fun game. |
![]() |
| Me and the littles watched a baby one day. These pics show the entertainment/buffet really well! |








No comments:
Post a Comment