Friday, April 16, 2010

Eli's Year 1 Celebration!

Eli is 1 year! Last night we celebrated his birthday with banana cake and creamcheese frosting (all homemade, yeah I know); Matt's parents and two siblings present and my parent's and sister through skype; and opening of presents. 

Mmmm... cake is good!


We love Eli's "scrunchy" face.
Getting ready to wash off the cake mess.


Opening of presents

Isaac really wanted to help put the walker together. 
Eli did not like him in the way of his goodies.


Eli is one happy guy. Quick to smile and laugh, and is always up for some fun. He loves to be around people--especially me and Matt! Still only two bottom teeth. We are desperately hoping the others will come in soon. Pretty sure he is around 22 lbs and 29 inches long... pretty sure. Loves to play with shoes, but hates to wear them! Screams when ever I put them on. 

I keep thinking about last year and everything we went through. Maybe I'll do another post about that. It was hard, I don't know how we did it. But we did. Let's just say I am so grateful that our "miracle" baby has made it to his first birthday very much whole, happy, and healthy.

7 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

yay! I was hoping I'd get to see his birthday soon. Hooray for Eli! He's a champ! p.s. Shannon you look smokin hot! I miss you Eli!

Helen said...

Happy B-day! Looks like he enjoyed the cake!

Ila said...

What a miracle! What a blessing! Sure looks like it was a good party! Thanks for sharing his beautiful little face with us :)

Annie said...

SO glad we got to be there. I love me some Skype!

Natalie said...

SO fun! I love seeing Grandparents in the background. I bet your little guys are loving seeing them so often!

Ash yo sista said...

I wish I could've been there! I love all the pics, especially the one with Eli being frusterated with Isaac for being in the way of his walker :) Love those boys!

Sha nay nay said...

Aside from height, I think Eli and Irelynn are about the same. Even the two bottom teeth. He's so cute. Your boys have the sweetest faces and I can't wait to see them as grown ups. I think you'll have problems with the girlie folk calling and knocking on the door.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...