Mid-October
First there was the pumpkin carving, which Matt did with the boys. Titus refused to leave the store without "my pumpkin!" A tiny one, just like him--which we carved, of course. Isaac is all about doing smiley faces, so that worked out great.. and no gaging from anyone this go around!
![]() |
| Some of the boys may of may not have been naked during pumpkin carving, and ALL them may or may not have been holding themselves when the picture was taken. |
Friday, October 26
Second, we had our ward's (LDS (Mormon) church congregation's name) Trunk-or-Treat. It was fun... I'm pretty sure.
It was just me and the boys--Matt stayed in South Carolina that weekend. My mom and dad had got the boys all "Blue Batman" outfits, which they all wanted to wear. I then decided to be their "Robin." However, not having any extra money/time to put an outfit together, I kind of through something on myself.
Anyway, the Trunk-or-Treat. I was one of the judge's for the chili cook-off. Which was a little overwhelming. Hello, 30 pots of chili?!
Then lots and lots of candy from all the trunks (vehicle trunks). Also, there was a hay ride.
OH WAIT! Funny story: Titus saw a little girl with a pumpkin candy holder (he didn't have his at the time), he runs up to her, snatches the pumpkin out of her hands, and yells: "MINE!" The girl was shocked, but I restored everything.
I took pictures before we left for the shin-dig.
![]() |
| Titus refused to lay down the sword. He really was the "Dark Knight." |
![]() |
| Those blue eyes. Kill me now. |
![]() |
| Isaac... RUNNING! |
![]() |
| Eli... RUNNING! |
![]() |
| Titus... STANDING! |
Saturday, October 27
Third, me and the boys went to a little Halloween party at friend's home. There were rice crispies treats to decorate, which Isaac really enjoyed doing. It was fun to see him be creative in a non-LEGO way! And the boys played hard. It was great to have that experience, especially since Matt wasn't with us that weekend to get the extra boy wiggles out.
Eli was Blue Batman, Titus and Isaac were Spidermen.
Monday, October 29
Fourth, the Monday before Halloween Titus and Eli were supper pumped about costumes.
They decided to get dressed up right before we left to get Isaac from school. Titus was "Blue Batman," and Eli squeezed into the size 2 "Black Batman." Neither of them took a nap that day, and I was really hoping they would! The bike ride seemed to do the trick!
![]() |
| Titus holding up his "shield" for the picture. That shield would in fact be a small children's symbol. |
Wednesday, October 31
Fifth, Halloween arrived. Finally!
Isaac couldn't find his Blue Batman mask, so he decided that he needed to be Captain America. We went out with my neighbor's grandson, a really cute 4 yr old. His parents walked with us, of course. Another friend of mine came with us too. She had her little 3 month old in a bjorn baby carrier. We were quite a crew! And thank goodness I had all those other grown-ups with me; it's really great to have extra help/hands/eyes.
Trick-or-treating was a lot of fun! Though a bit crazy sometimes, like I hinted to. We walked like a mile and the boys got a ton of candy. We were all exhausted at the end. Hopefully next year Matt will be here with us for the candy adventure!
Also... I LOVE WARM HALLOWEENS! Mid 60s. Yes.
Halloween to present
Sixth, we go through "my pumpkin!" every night. Oh the goodies they did get! I've already picked out all the peanut butter and chocolate treats, and devoured them. In one sitting.
It's been serious fun around here. Though I hope these pumpkins run out of treats soon!
![]() |
| The treat Isaac has is a lolly-pop dressed up as a ghost with tissue paper. Written on it is "Holy Ghost." I think we're in the Bible Belt! |
![]() |



























2 comments:
It makes me happy to know that my child is not the only one who prefers to run around either in only underwear or completely naked! :)
I love your robin costume...perfect with your short hair. And hahahah about all the boys holding themselves during the picture!
Post a Comment