![]() |
| Attempted Fortune Cookies, chocolate drizzled. They didn't bend, didn't have smooth edges, and were all different shapes and sizes. |
Umm... Maybe I should make something? Since Isaac's teacher is out on bed-rest/maternity leave I haven't gotten really updated on what's going on in his class.
So let me think, let me think. Something Halloween-y, doesn't require anything special.
Goodness gracious, every thing I'm seeing on-line is cool, but I'm missing an element (or 2... or 5).
Okay, I'm gonna do Fortune Cookies. I am. And I'll stuff em with Halloween stickers. It's 11pm, but I can do it.
I make them. I fail. I go to bed at 1am.
...............
6:30am I get up.
Hmm... well maybe I can try to make some chocolate chip muffins with M&Ms in them.
I make a batch, using *gasp* all-purpose flour and *gasp* no veggie puree. This is the real deal, folks.
The cute little mini muffins are baked and left to cool on the counter. I have visions of giving some to the front office and other helpers in front. But they don't come out of the pan. They won't budge.
Every. Single. One. sticks to the pan, and comes out as a crumpled mess.
Well, I guess no Halloween treats for Isaac's class this year!
![]() |
| A broken batch of chocolate M&M muffins. |
I'm tired the rest of the day. Oh, so tired. And Halloween trick-or-treating is in the evening! So what do I do? I curl up in a ball, on the floor, in a sunlight patch, and rest (sleep) on and off for an hour while Titus and Eli make a mess of their room. Joy.


3 comments:
It's the thought that counts.
You went the extra mile and turned the thought into DOING.
So what if they didn't turn out?
Who cares, it still counts even if no one ate them.
*Awesome mother?* check......
I agree, it's really the thought that counts. And you have some great memories to laugh at!
I must be one of the few who didn't make treats or even think about it. Way to go! (even though it didn't pan out)
Post a Comment