Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful Leaves for a Thankful Tree

Okay, so here's what I created for our "thankful tree":  "thankful leaves."  




Took me a bit to figure out what I wanted to do, but considering I haven't designed anything in a really long time, I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out.  One day I'll get a really awesome design program, but until then word and power-point will just have to do!  

I also do not know if this is printing friendly, but if someone wants to try feel free.


So new tradition, here we come!   Every evening I write down what everyone is thankful for, 
last night:
Isaac, "Jesus."
Eli, "Trick-or-Treat.  Halloween at Church!"
Titus, "This." (a sucker he was eating)
Mommy, "That all the boys ate their dinner."  
and then hang it on our "thankful tree."  (I hole punch a corner to it'll hang on the branches.)

Here's what the tree looks like right now... Spanish Moss on the branches.  BOOM!  
It should be less creepy looking when I find some happy ribbon, etc.  On the wall behind I might even hang a picture frame with a "be thankful" saying.  





Okay, so what are some of your Thanksgiving/ pre-Christmas traditions?  I'm really trying to be on top of it this year.  I feel like I've been dropping the ball way too many times.  
Love to hear your thoughts!  

Much love, 
Shannon 




1 comment:

Dana Scarbrough said...

Cute tree! A word of caution though- Spanish Moss is a lovely home for chiggers - where did you get it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...