Why is Eli's birthday hard? All those feelings before, during, and after his arrival just come flooding back--for whatever the reason. It wasn't an easy thing for me to have a child, knowing he was "sick," and not knowing how he'd do with everything.
Why mine and Matt's wedding anniversary? We did not get married during an easy part of our relationship. Emotionally we were great! However, 10ish days after we were married he once again packed up and left for Iraq. (He had flown from Iraq to get married, we hadn't seen each other in 5 months.)
I'm on the mend again, feeling good, enjoying the great weather.
I watched a movie that really put a smile on my face, it's a French film in English subtitles, called, "Romantics Anonymous." Released in 2011, is PG-13, and is a great romantic comedy. Rotten Tomatoes even gave it a 88% positive fed back! Anyway, it's all about dealing with emotions, being emotional, and chocolate.
For whatever the reason movies are like a personal therapy. I really cling to a few that help me get in a better place. Last year it was Mama Mia, the year before it was Pride & Prejudice (the six hour series, and Knightly's 2005 flick), and during Matt's Iraq's deployment I really loved Wimbledon.
So here are a few pictures from the last 2 weeks, to recap what I forgot to blog while I was being irrational:
| Library time! The boys are pretty obsessed with Elephant & Piggie |
| Me and the two littles ran a ton of errands, that all seemed to come to nothing. |
| Hello, Beautiful! Seriously love these chips. So happy to have randomly found them in a random gas station. Georgia!! Please start stocking good food!! |
| We went to the gym, and the boys became zombies during child watch. Kinda wish they didn't show movies, and just let 'em play... Oh well. At least I get to run in peace. |
| Eli had a doc appointment. Shots too. They did well! Eli's all ready for Pre-K in the fall! |
4 comments:
Glad things are going well.
I love the long pride and predjudice too. So so good. Glad you know how to cope when emotions run high. Can't wait for you to come to Boise!
Love you dear freind. You are one of the strongest, most thoughtful, and beautiful women inside and out that I know. Be gentle with yourself! You have a lot going on. Chocolate (which happens to beone of my go to flicks) and moviez are great therapy.
I just love how you are so honest. It is so refreshing. I think I sometimes try to sugar coat my emotions.
Post a Comment