Titus came to us on a Saturday, a whole 4 weeks before he was due. In the morning, sometime in the 3 o'clock hour, my water broke. Gushed, actually. We were staying at Matt's parents' home, housesitting while they were on a vacation. Our go-to babysitters were gone, we were not in our home, and really not prepared to have this child. But Tim and Kara--Matt's uncle and aunt--took our boys for the day, while my mom flew from Bama to Boise to help. Everything else seemed to fall into place. (Tender mercies from the Lord.)
I remember calling my mom and dad around 4 o'clock in the morning on the way to the hospital (I drove there by myself), a bit terrified about what was going to happen. I was scared that this child would have to have hospital stays, etc. After everything Eli went through the year before I just didn't think I could handle another sick baby.
But Titus was born to us whole and healthy. We stayed in the hospital for the weekend, which allowed me a lot of time to sleep and rest! It was a welcome stay for me. A lot of quiet, and time to ponder on what the next few months would be like.
The wee hours of the morning at the hospital
Freshly born
An hour and a bit later after the arrival.
Ah, sleep!
Titus' day was a sunny day, lots of sunshine and lots of warmth. He weighed 5 pounds 2 ounces, and was 19 inches long. He nursed well, slept a lot, and was content to be wrapped up in a blanket. At home he slept in a bassinet for the first bit, but then quickly took to the swing.





2 comments:
Happy Birthday Titus!
Happy birthday little dude! You have a rockstar mamma!
Post a Comment