On Monday I ran 6.3 miles. And it felt good!
Yesterday we were heading back to my parents home from a dinner outing--it was my sister's last night in Bama before heading back to Idaho. Isaac kept complaining about being cold, so cold! Realizing that he wasn't feeling well (too much sun), I took off my cotton skirt and let him use it as a blanket. Riding in the passenger seat in my underwear was worth it.
This morning I weeded my parents' garden. My hands got dirty, covered in Bama red clay. I squated for 45 minutes tending to the squash and pepper plants. I loved every minute of it!
During the late morning Matt and I talked for a while, him on his cell phone and me on my parents' phone. It reminded me of the days when he was leaving for his Iraq deployment from Idaho, and I was in Bama living at my parents' home. Brought back good memories.
This afternoon Eli came home from an outing with his Grammie. He was emotionally and physically exhuasted, and pitched a horrible fit while I was trying to get him to take a nap. I was finally able to calm him down, enough for me to start rocking him. He let me do this for 5 minutes or so. I placed him in his crib and gently started rubbing his arm while he drifted off to sleep by sipping on his milk cup. Two year olds are special.
Titus and I had a lot of one on one time today. We threw a ball back and forth, I feed him a heaping helping of Mac-n-Cheese, and changed his 3 poopy diapers. It's good to feel connected as mother and son.
This evening I had the two smaller boys with me playing outside. They got dirty! Both were just in thier diapers, so I thought it was a good idea to get the hose and quickly wash them down outside. Judging from their horrified reaction, it was a bad idea.
3 comments:
This is a sweet post Shannon. I love and miss y'all, but i'm glad things are going well. It was fun chatting with you this morning - for a while - and it totally reminded me of back then too. Love you and look forward to more posts and such!
Ha! I love spraying the kiddos with the hose. Does that make me a bad mom? They normally enjoy it so I think I'm safe. Would you like to come weed my flowers while you're at it?
Love this post. Moments are what make up our lives. :) So glad you are having good moments.
Post a Comment