Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tooth Pulled, Back Burnt

Yes, people, Isaac lost his first tooth!

It started to wiggle a month ago and I knew it was pretty much ready to be pulled; but getting Isaac on board with that train of thought was the tricky part!  I grabbed the tooth and tried to pull, but nothing happened.  Matt then took a go at it and voila, a pulled tooth!  Isaac didn't even know what happened!  Matt took him into the bathroom and showed him the tooth lost.   Isaac freaked out a bit at the sight of blood, but Matt reminded him that he wasn't hurt and that blood is normal when a tooth is lost.  Isaac completely recovered within 2 seconds.

And pictures were taken.   




We seriously love Eli's face in this photo!
Totally trying to figure out Isaac's tooth situation in his own mouth.


Yes, people, Matt got a bad burn on his back! 


We happened to go to the beach again.  We happened to go in the middle of the day for 4 hours.  We happened to only have an aerosol can of spray, specifically for children...

... I happened to use that can of spray on Matt, and I happened to miss a bit of his back.  

It happens that Matt has been pretty uncomfortable the last few days, and it happens that I have been applying aloe lotion on his back 4 to 20+ times a day.   It also happens that I feel really awful!!  
(Two explanation points used in the last sentence.  That's how bad I feel, even though I laughed really hard when he lifted his shirt for the first time--it's how I deal with shock apparently.  Matt was hardly amused, poor man.) 



Here is a brief  overview of this last beach trip.
-  Once again, Hilton Head beach trip.
-  Isaac skipped school
-  We saw lots of wildlife!  
----Conch shell with creature which Isaac found in the sand,  
----a silver fish which Isaac rescued from it's beach-ment, 
----and a huge horseshoe crab which washed up in the tide.
- Boogie board was bought on clearance, and was well used and loved. 
- We went at low tide.  Hardly any waves which Titus loved, but the other boys (including Matt) wished for more ocean drama.
- We went for 4 hours, and could have stayed longer if we weren't all starving! 


Isaac and Matt were determined to dig up the little sand clams burrowed in the surf.
Attempt after attempt came up empty.  However Isaac happened upon this conch creature!  What a find.  















1 comment:

Dana Scarbrough said...

Awesome beach pictures. And I'm thinking I should hit up a clearance sale pronto!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...