After dropping Isaac off at school the reality of the CT elementary school shooting is starting to sink and affect me a bit... bringing back lots of the emotional memories from July 25, 1997. Since '97, hearing about sudden and complete loss has been hard to handle.
Cause firetrucks aren't supposed to run over children.
Cause elementary schools aren't supposed to encounter unimaginable terror.
Also the house is a mess.
And today's FB posts are overwhelming.
I even have tried to make myself one of my favorite sandwiches to help pick-me-up. Bacon and spinach; however the bacon is 40% less sodium... it's... just... not... as... taste... y...
O. Kay.
Time to look on the brighter side:
-- Got our gifts to Idaho peps in the mail today, and they are going to arrive before Christmas!
-- A HUGE reimbursement just came in. Goodbye credit card debt!
-- Me and the two little boys were able to go to Isaac's Kindergarten Christmas party (wasn't sure if they'd let the young kids in).
![]() |
| Good night! Look at that chin. |
![]() |
| Eli, depressed at the cookie decorating station. |
-- I spelled "unimaginable" correctly, on my first try.
-- Half our yard is raked.
-- Yesterday I got a calling in Relief Society: 3rd week of the month teacher!
-- And me and Titus are happily destroying a yummy pomegranate. Mmm....
So I hope to get things done today.
But I may just lay and listen to Cold Play radio on Pandora.


3 comments:
It's good you're trying to be positive.
Hope the rest of the day is better.
Love teaching RS! I did it for a little over two years, and loved every minute of it. You will do great!
i feel the exact same way today, can we just go back to bed and wake up tomorrow?
Post a Comment