Friday, December 14, 2012

"Oh, Christmas Tree!" of 2012

I think I really like this tradition we have in the works: 
get a real tree, let the boys decorate it, and take pictures while doing so. 

*Last Christmas--click here. 
*Christmas 2010--click here and here. 

This year we weren't too sure if we'd get a really tree or not.  After a few days with our fake I told Matt we HAVE to get a real tree, it just isn't feeling like Christmas, and I need some help getting in the Christmas mood. 

We drove up to Home Depot and Isaac, Eli, and Matt picked out "the least expensive and shortest one you can find."  Check, and check!  
And you know what?  It turned out to be beautiful. 












The most awkward photo.  Thanks, Isaac, for making us laugh! 





Eli really couldn't stay still, haha 










On next year's "get get list:"
--  a tree skirt
--  stocking mantel holders
--  logs for the fire-place


Grateful for my boys.  And Matt's talent with the camera.
Evenings like this captured on film make me feel like we ARE a successful family, and maybe we'll all turn out okay :)


1 comment:

Natalie said...

Your boys faces say it all. I bet they will always adore this tradition. No doubt you will all turn out ok!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...