I took 2 naps today. Yeah, I'm tired.
Matt took a really good nap as well. Yeah, he's tired.
At first I thought this tiredness was from our day of travel ("Hi, we're in Bama for Christmas!"), but then I realized our children have been throwing us for a loop the last few weeks and it is catching up to us!
Titus has decided that his favorite is our bed. He willingly naps on our bed, he sneaks out of his room at night and falls asleep on our bed, and he visits us a couple times a night!
We sometimes catch him during these nightly visits and take him back to his room; however there was one night at 4 am which Matt and I looked at a zonked out Titus and asked, "We did he get in here?"
![]() |
| Titus, taking a nap in our bed. He was fevered that day, so I let it happen. |
And it's not just Titus who visits. There was one epic night Isaac climbed in saying, "I had a bad dream!" Then Titus came (twice), and Eli stumbled in at 6am.
Eli is not sure how he feels about finding Titus (who sometimes stays all night, cause neither Matt and I can move a limb from exhaustion!) in our room in the morning. He's been feeling a little left out, and has started climbing in our bed with us in the morning to snuggle. Which I don't really mind! Eli is a pretty happy dude in the morning, and I love getting all the close to him.
What Titus' problem is his bed issue... I think--well, more hope. He has a crib mattress on the floor, and we need to get him into a twin size trundle bed (to push under the bunk bed when not in use). We're a work in progress right now, but we're on our way to getting everything properly together.
This is our first kid who can't stay in his bed. It's uncharted territory, but we're doing our best I think.
So for now, during this Christmas break, we'll try to catch up on our rest--while, you know, sleeping in the same room with all our sons. Good times ;)

1 comment:
Sweet dreams!
Post a Comment