I came across this picture of Isaac, and it got me thinking about him...
... Yes, this is our first born. Completely covered up by a blanket--his doing when he wasn't feeling well.
He had strep throat (or a similar strain of bacteria) the week before Thanksgiving. It took him 4 days to knock the fever down, so he stayed home the week before Thanksgiving then had the week of Thanksgiving off from school.
It was fun to have him around for 2 weeks! (But also a little stressful; he's used to a full day of school, and was bored a bunch.)
He's a silly kid and a good kid, but probably too much like me. He's gotten my anxiety, and easily freaks out. I catch myself saying the same thing that my mother said to me, to him: "Isaac, settle down or you're going to have a heart attack before you're 16!" What really bothers him is Eli's and Titus' lack of understanding about, well, life. He gets frustrated when Eli won't play his games, or when Titus can't get how to share crackers.
Isaac is learning a lot at school. And I believe having a good time. This boy is vague, and pretty imaginative, so I'm not sure what's fact or fiction when he tells me stuff. His reading really progressing. His school is doing "sight words," and he's starting to really pick up on patterns/letter sounds/sounding out the words.
What I do know is that his sense of humor is not diminishing. He is silly, goofy, full of noises, and starting to be really adventurous.
When we first moved to Georgia, we were all a little overwhelmed with the outside--hot and humid: times 1,000! Isaac was still into his bug fear, so stepping outside into critter infested Georgia was a living hell.
I started doing "nature journals" with the boys so that they could see the good in the outdoors. Go outside, observe some cool things, come in, write down what you saw/did, then draw a picture. It was really fun. I did that once or twice a week. I've stopped, since the boys have actually started to see the good in the outdoors and no longer are afraid to run in the yard, etc. But maybe the "nature journals" would be really fun to keep up? It's pretty funny to hear the boys' perspective on life, and see their pictures.
Back to point: Isaac likes playing outside, and has a lot of fun running around the house, and hanging off the car.
I love him. I'm grateful for his perceptive on life--even though we stress each other out!
1 comment:
I love that your boys have such unique (from each other) personalities. We love Isaac and his goofy, stressed out self! :)
Post a Comment