Friday, March 1, 2013

"Single Mom" Needs Morning Schedule [Dood Idea]

"Single parenthood" is right around the corner.  Yup, Matt's leaving really soon.

I'm trying to figure out the best schedule to put me and the boys on.  It seems like if I'm able to plan well, set things up, and follow through with the plan I do much better in life.  I typically like to "fly by the seat of my pants," but I learned last fall (when Matt was gone for his school) that that philosophy doesn't work very well.
And then I start to yell a lot.  Boo.  

So here's what I'm thinking a daily morning schedule could look like:

  • Before going to bed I set the dining room table up in this way:
    • each chair facing out, so the boys know when to come to breakfast they should say their morning prayers first (Sis Hinckley did this with her children). 
    • on each chair have an envelope that has a personalized note from either me or Matt, just saying "hi" or a drawing, or what have you. 
  • In the morning I wake up at 6, get everything together
    • prepare Isaac's lunch, snack, binder signatures
    • prepare my gym bag and other essentials 
    • I read my scriptures at the table till the boys wake up
  • Boys get up, they say their morning prayers, have breakfast, and look into their envelopes.  
  • The rest of the morning is dedicated to getting ready and out the door to school.  

What do you think?




3 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

I would get your gym back and the boys clothes laid out at night. No sense during the rush when it can be done ahead of time! But I LOVE everything else!

Dana Scarbrough said...

bag*

Melissa said...

Your freakn awesaome

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...