Saturday, March 9, 2013

We Be Going Along

So life has been good the last few days, even if a bit emotional.  I've actually cried more than I thought I would (to be honest), but tears are good so it's important to let them flow... I guess?

Our first day on our own I took the two little boys into Savannah to see the Forsyth Fountain turn green in preparations for St. Patricks day.  OKAY, apparently St. Pat's day is a BIG deal here in Savannah.  Like the 2nd largest celebration in the world, or something like that.  I'm going to be steering clear of it this year, but seeing a fountain a week before?  Can do.

First things first, Mom.  Look and Find books need to be read.  
Pre-dyed fountain.  
A bit crowded, right boys?
What to do when both want to be held?  Takes a lot of core work! 
And then the fountain turns green.  Hooray!




I went to Savannah with a neighbor of mine, and we had a good time.  We walked to a cafe to eat, and boy was it YUM.  I think Savannah is just filled with good food, and I'm excited to try them all out!  The walking to a bit of a toll on the boys, they were really tired toward the end...

... And we had a scary moment.  Eli was being "an angry bird," you know, when he's crazy mad and doesn't know why.  He was screaming and running away from me when a man on the bench stood up and started yelling at Eli.  Really yelling.  "LISTEN TO YOUR MAMA!  DON'T COME AT ME YELLING LIKE THAT!" etc.

Wow.  Eli did a 180 and ran straight at me.  I gave Titus to my friend and held Eli tight.  He was sobbing in my neck, and whispered, "He angry at me."  I reassured him, telling him that he was okay, and that man shouldn't have done that.   Very scary, but I've learned the importance ALWAYS bringing a stroller when going into town.  Gosh.


Friend's baby.  Eli loves her.
Tender boy.  

Today was a really good day.
I tried a yoga class at the Y.  We went to a park.  We talked to Matt.  We washed the car.  We jumped on the trampoline.  We ate food.  We played tag and "Red Rover" outside.

And the weather was fantastic!  No humidity, mid 60s, and the sounds of Spring.



We're coming along, and doing well.
Thanks for all the kind words!  Appreciate all the support.  Seriously.





1 comment:

Sarah said...

Been thinking lots about you. Sounds like you are coming along. Hope it continues that way. I keep remembering that I met you while Matt was away... single woman in a married ward. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...