![]() |
| See the silver pin above his name and red bar? That represents his completion of BOLC (Basic Officer Leadership Course), and is pinned on at the end of graduation ceremony. |
Yeah, so yesterday evening me and the boys went up to South Carolina so we could attend today's graduation ceremony. (Sorry, Dana, it was a spur of the moment thing. I tried to call you this morning!!)
I'm a little road weary, but I'm glad we went. It was great to meet the people that Matt has been working/learning with for the past 4 months, and to see how much people respect him. He's a good leader, works really hard, and cares for people. I think the Human Resources side of the ARMY is a great fit for him...
... and the ARMY thinks so too! Matt graduated top of his class (on the Commandant's List), and was recognized for having "physical fitness excellence" with his 288 PT score. 100-ish people graduated today--the top 20% were on the Commandant's List, and only 1/3 of the class had "physical fitness excellence." Yup, I'm bragging.
The graduation ceremony lasted about 40 minutes, the main speaker was short and sweet, and the boys did really well! Eli had an emergency poop before the handing out of diplomas, but he went quickly and we were back in time. (Eli about had a nervous break down when I asked him if he could hold it in, poor guy. He got all red and sweaty, and those blue eyes pleaded with me to leave and find some indoor plumbing!)
![]() |
| Matt walking across the stage after receiving his Branch Qualification. |
![]() |
| One of Matt's good buddies. Matt's head looks extra large in this shot! It's the edge of the lens... whatca gonna do? |
| Two attempts at a family photo. (Eli refused to be in one, which turned out to be blurry anyway... maybe he knew...) ![]() |
![]() |
Highlights of our evening:
The boys loved wrestling with Daddy.
Matt loved the homemade dinner--with vegetables!
And I'm hoping that I can get enough rest to catch up on blogging and commenting on other people's blogs.
Thanks for all the love and support, guys. Much appreciated!





.jpg)
2 comments:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
So what now?
Melissa stole my exact comment- seriously! :) I am SO happy for ya'll! I know they'll be more separations, but right now you're not and some serious holiday cheer and bonding are in order! Oh, and I'm sad we missed ya on your last trip here, but ce lavi, it was a busy night anyway over here! Hope we can see ya'll sometime after the new year! :D
Post a Comment